Thursday, November 3, 2011

Good Zucchini Casserole



This is a yummy way to use up extra zucchini during the summer. When I made this the other night I didn't have a surplus of zucchini, but I sadly was using up the last of our garden zucchini. So I am sorry for the lousy timing of this recipe, but it is just as good with store bought zucchini.

Good Zucchini Casserole

6 C Zucchini, diced into 1/2" pieces
1 C Carrots, same size dice
1 Onion diced

Combine and boil until carrots are tender, about 10 mins. Drain water and set aside.

1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup (I use the Healthy Request kind)
1 C Sour Cream (light)
2 - 3 Chicken breasts, cooked & diced

Add to boiled vegis. You can end up using a ton of bowls or you can just add it all to the same pot you used to cook the vegis in.

2 C Stuffing Mix (don't add the water)
1/2 C Butter Melted, or spray top with spray butter

Place 1/2 the stuffing mix on the bottom of a baking dish that has been sprayed with non stick stuff. Add the vegetable mixture on top and top with the remaining stuffing mix. Spray top with butter flavoring if not using melted butter.

Cook in a preheated 350 oven for 30 mins or until heated through.   ENJOY!

This recipe works great with fat free substitutes but if you're feeling indulgent go ahead and use the full fat versions. I can't say if it would taste better because I have never made it that way.

I got this recipe when I was first married from a kind lady I worked with named Jana. Apparently she was worried my new husband might starve if she didn't share her knowledge :) which I am glad she did!

No comments:

Post a Comment