Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Easy Fruit Cobbler


Tis the season for excess fruit. Hooray I've been waiting for this season all year, lol. Currently I've got buckets of pears and apples to go through.

I found this by searching for "easy apple cobbler" and it's fabulous! Top it with some vanilla sauce and you've just gone to heaven. The kiddos love it too!

The first night I did what the recipe said and used apples, but last night I used pears and since I ran out of white sugar I used brown sugar. Sierra said it was even better than the apple one. So, I am thinking that it would work with whatever fruit I had on hand.

EASY APPLE COBBLER


Apple Mixture:
5 c. Apples, sliced

1/2 c. Sugar

2 tbs Flour

1/2 tsp Cinnamon

1/4 tsp Salt

1/4 c Water

1 tsp Vanilla

1 tbs Butter, softened

Combine above ingredients; mix gently. Spoon into a lightly greased 9-inch square baking pan.

Batter:

1/2 c Flour

1/2 c Sugar

1/2 tsp Baking powder

1/4 tsp Salt

2 tbs Butter, softened

1 Egg

Combine batter ingredients; mix well. Spoon over apple mixture in 9 equal portions (batter will spread during baking). Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 35 to 40 minutes.

Yield: 6 servings.

Here is the original recipe that I took this from.

No comments:

Post a Comment